Kiev, The Russian Republic or the Moskov Federation
For every bright light there is a shadow. On Pa’Aerth, Kiev is that shadow. Every known religion has a creation story that describes how Kiev was formed and how the denizens came to be. The truth of this is lost much like the truth about the Aerth Masters. Scholars debate if Kiev was the reason the Aerth Masters left the realms. With Kiev being the result of some arcane or divine experiment gone wrong. Priests say that the Aerth Masters were punished by the god(s) and that Kiev is a reminder of their folly. Some go as far to say that the reborn souls of evil beings of the world are sent back to Kiev to relive their lives. These souls ultimately evolved into orcs, goblins, trolls and other creatures or the night.
No matter what the truth about it’s origin, Kiev is a dark blight upon the world.
Kiev lies within a huge natural basin formed by the by the world’d most expansive mountain range. These mountains are known by many names: World’s Edge, god’s Spire, the Dragon’s Spine, etc… Countless active volcanoes belch forth black smoke and ash which obscure the sun and shroud the land in constant darkness.
Kiev is known for it’s treacherous earthquakes, shifting grounds, volcanoes, geysers and frigid climate in the north lands.
The frozen city is city where the darkest arcane arts are practiced and cultivated.
- Dark Elves
In addition to the worship of The 8 Lords of the Moskov Federation, the peoples of Kiev call upon many powers. In addition to the Demons and Devils from the Nine Hells and the Abyss many dark powers from other pantheons find worshipers here.
- Arwan – god of the dead, The Dark One from France and the British Isles
- Orcs have an entire pantheon of deities.
- Pluto/Hades the god of death from the Greek and Roman Pantheons
- Lilith the goddess of Power, Wealth and Luxury
- Lloth the Demon Queen of Spiders patroness of the Dark Elves
- Deep Duerra the goddess of duergar, psionics, conquest and expansion from Dwarven pantheon
- Laduguer the god of duergar, magic weapon creation, artisans and magic from the Dwarven pantheon